As you’re setting off for your next great adventure, you might be seeking a little inspiration to guide you on your way. These quotes are about solo travel, courage, perseverance, and determination… things we could all use a little boost in each and every day.
Here are 14 beautiful and inspiring quotes and being a world traveler.
1.”As you move outside your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal.” – Robin S. Sharma
2. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
3. “When you’re traveling with someone else, you share each discovery, but when you are alone, you have to carry each experience with you like a secret, something you have to write on your heart, because there’s no other way to preserve it.” – Shauna Niequist
4. “Traveling solo does not always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime.” – Jacqueline Boone
5. “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” – Wendell Berry
6. “The more I travelled the more I realised that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends” – Shirley MacLaine
7. “The more I travelled the more I realised that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends” – Shirley MacLaine
8. “I want to do is because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
9. “I’ve not ceased being fearful, I’ve gone ahead despite the pounding in my heart that says: turn back, turn back, you’ll die if you go too far.” – Erica Jong
10. “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – Caroline Myss
11. “I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” – Diana Nyad
12. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
13. “Loving life is easy when you are abroad. Where no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands all alone, you are more a master of yourself than at any other time.” – Hannah Arendt
14. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be anymore time to do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Do them now.” – Paulo Coelho